In 1946, on the initiative of the first woman-irrigator TA Kolpakova, the faculty "Construction of medium-sized small hydroelectric power stations" was organized. Later, the faculty continued its activity under the names "Hydraulic engineering construction", "River hydrotechnical structures and construction of hydroelectric power stations". After organizational and structural transformations of the institute, the training of personnel in the specialty "Water management construction" has been conducted since 1991 by the "Educational Scientific Center for the Preparation of Irrigation Engineers" and since 1996 as part of the "Hydromelioration" faculty. In 2004 the faculty "Construction and operation of hydraulic structures" was organized.
According to the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan on 3.11.2015 "On measures to improve the preparation and provision of a system of agriculture and water resources with highly qualified personnel", according to 311 resolutions, the Faculty "Construction and operation of hydraulic structures" carried out its activities. According to the Decree of the President of the
For nearly 73 years of activity, the faculty has trained more than 6,000 qualified specialists in the field of water construction and energy and more than 100 specialists for foreign countries for the national economy of the